Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Horacio Salinas








I came across Horacio Salinas when I was searching the internet. I tried to find his bio and more information about him but he seems to be a pretty obscure person. All I figured out was that he was born in New York and his parents are Argentine immigrants.

I am really drawn to the humor found in most of his work. The images appear to be simple but the ideas and coming up with them are very complex. I plan on trying to imitate his humor in my studio work that I am starting in a few weeks.

My favorite image above is the one of the cupcake wrapper and the girl. They are two completely different things yet they fit perfectly together. It seems to hint at the connection between a girls waist line and the food she eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment